Posts Tagged ‘tie dye swim cover dress’
We all reach that point once in a while where you’re tired of all your clothes and feel like you’ve worn everything ad nauseam. It’s always fun to have that extra bounce in your step while wearing your latest fashion find, but parting with your hard-earned cash to keep your wardrobe from getting monotonous is not as fun. The next time you find yourself in a style rut, look no further than your own closet! You can refashion the clothes you already have, including clothes you hardly ever wear, into fresh new pieces. Today we were inspired by a fun item from the sports world– a tennis scort with attached leggings – and wanted to bring you a tutorial to make its more fashionable sister style: skirted leggings!
What you’ll need:
- An old dress – since you’ll be layering the skirted portion over leggings, you can even use something bold, like a tie dye swim cover dress!
- A pair of cropped leggings
- Needle and thread
- Sewing pins
- Sewing shears
What to do:
- Grab your old dress and cut off the top portion, cutting an inch above the waist.
- Fold the extra fabric above the waist back; then use sewing pins to pin the waist to the waist of your leggings.
- Sew the two waists together from the inside.