Posts Tagged ‘stone wall tiles’
Just about everyone has tried a collage of pictures on their wall. Whether your wall is super bland with only framed pictures or decked out with paintings and other flat artwork, there comes a time when you’re ready for a change. Fortunately, Craft Corners is here to help you take the first step towards sprucing up your wall décor. Especially with the changing of the seasons, now is the perfect time to create a new decorative wall for you and your family to enjoy. Follow these not-too-tricky steps to wall-tile heaven.
What you’ll need:
- Fiberglass tape
- Stone wall tiles
- Tile adhesive
- Tile cutter
- Utility knife
- Wall scraper
- Adhesive spreader
What you’ll do:
- Once you’ve selected the area of your home you’d like to embellish, you’ll want to make sure your walls are properly cleaned and prepped for your tiles. Stone wall tiles can be installed directly on drywall or plaster.
- Use sandpaper to dust the walls down and then apply a sealer; this should ensure the tile adhesive you’re about to apply stays moist for longer.
- The best way to ensure your tiles are lined up precisely is to use a ruler or measuring tape (although I’ve found that eyeballing the distance from each tile works just as well).
- Spread the adhesive onto the area of the wall you wish to decorate. Use your adhesive spreader to evenly distribute the adhesive to the surface of the wall.
- Press each tile against the wall.
- To ensure that all tiles are laid flat up against the wall, you can press a large text book against each newly laid tile. If you’ve got excess adhesive around the border of your tiles, you can use a wall scraper to clean the edges around each tile.
Surprise your guests with these crafty non-picture items that fit your theme or style. You can even frame an old world map poster to add other embellishments and décor to your wall. Regardless, this’ll truly make your wall a one of a kind piece!