Posts Tagged ‘Grey 3mm funky foam’
Do you love to recycle and reuse stuff in a creative way? If yes, then today we are going to share how you can turn ordinary plastic bottles into beautiful plastic bud vases. The idea with a bud vase is to not overfill it. A single bold flower can be far more eye-catching than far too many different flowers stuffed into a vase which is too small. In all cases, the idea is to design a watertight vase so that it can hold water and food for the blooms it displays.
So what is a bud vase? A bud vase is a small vase, designed to hold several cut flowers, especially young flowers and buds. Bud vases are commonly used to make elegant arrangements of young flowers in the early spring. A bud vase has typically been used to showcase roses and other elegant blooms. Now about the method and material needed.
- Plastic bottle
- Grey 3mm funky foam
- acrylic glitter glue/stick ons etc.
- scissors/ stencil cutter
1. Cut off the top of the plastic bottle. Then wash and dry it for decorating.
2. Cut a piece of the grey 3mm funky foam wider than the circumference of the bottle your are trying to decorate and slightly longer than the length of your bottle. You could try some other color foam if you want to.
3. Decorate or have your little ones decorate the foam with stick-ons, draw, make a design or write a note.
4. Once you are done with decorating the foam, roll it around the bottle and glue in place.
5. Allow it to dry and your vase is completed.
Put some flowers in this decorated vase and surprise your mom or friend this Valentine.
Do you have more ideas for making plastic bud vases? I’d love to hear some of your ideas!
Like every year, Valentine’s Day creeps up on you. Don’t wait until the last minute to make meaningful Valentine’s cards for your loved ones. The best Valentines are handmade and heartfelt. The nice thing about making your own cards is that you can’t mess up. It is ok for Valentine’s Day cards to be a bit tacky and colorful. But here I will give you some ideas on how to make your very own festive Valentine’s card.
Here’s what you need:
- White paper
- Red and pink markers
Here’s what your do:
- The first thing you want to do is make some hearts! Lightly trace a heart on your pink lepard print scrapbook paper. You could use as many as you’d like, but for this project you only need one medium sized heart to fit on the front of your card. Cut it out.
- Then trace the letters for “Love” or any other word on to your grey 3mm funky foam. Cut these out.
- Take a white piece of paper and fold it hot dog style and then hamburger style so that you have a greeting card.
- The glue and arrange your pink leopard print heart and funky foam letters on to the front on the card.
- Once this dries use your red and pink markers to add your own personal doodles and designs to the card.
- Lastly, write your special Valentine’s message on the inside and your Valentine is ready to go.