Posts Tagged ‘craft master spray paint’
With spring finally here it’s probably about time that we get out our brooms and rubber gloves to really spruce up our homes. While many take this time to completely turn their house inside out to clean, others take it as an opportunity to either update their home or even upgrade their furniture. But why buy a whole new set of furniture when you can simply do a few TLC touches and have what looks like you went out and bought new pieces for everyone. Here’s a simple rundown of what you can do to update one piece of furniture that probably gets overlooked constantly: your child’s bunk bed.
What you’ll need:
A bare bunk bed – make sure all of the sheets and mattresses are off, along with any rogue stuffed animals
Craft master spray paint – you’ll need this to re-paint the bed
Wooden animals – to add a few extra touches to the headboard of the bunk bed
paint mask — to cover face from paint chemicals
What to do:
- Take off all the sheets and bedding so you won’t get any fly away paint on anything. Paint does stain
- Bring the bed into a large area clear of any valuable objects. Generally when re-furbishing furniture people will put them in the garage or driveway
- Choose paint that will not only compliment the room it will be in, but also to suit the person’s taste (If this were my bunk bed when I was a kid, it would be pink all the way) make sure to buy several cans of it, you’ll be needing a lot
- Paint the entire bunk bed and make sure to get all the nooks and crannies, there are many hidden areas when painting a bed
- Once the paint has set and dried, use the wood glue to attach the wooden animals into the headboard
- (Optional) paint the wooden animals too, if you want to decorate them, maybe use some of your extra paint to brighten them up
Once everything is set, the glue and the paint is dry then you’re all set! You could even up the ante with getting some new bed sheets that may go better with the new bunk bed. Good luck to your spring cleaning and on all your craft projects.