Posts Tagged ‘black brim floppy hat’
Many of us have old record album covers lying around from years gone by – if you’re not an avid collector, or even if you are, these can often feel like they’re just sitting there and taking up space without any real use. Well today we’re going to take a look at a fun and creative way you can repurpose those record album covers, making them useful as well as gorgeous to look at. What are we talking about specifically? Coasters! That’s right, you can have your very own coasters in the theme of your favorite (or not so favorite) albums – great for decorating the coffee table! Just don’t get too excited and spilling any drinks on your light switches. Read on for the goods.
What You Need
- record album cover that you don’t mind chopping up into smaller pieces
- pair of scissors
- paint brush
- clear lacquer
- super glue
- about nine plain porcelain coasters with a smooth top
- charcoal pencil
- Black brim floppy hat
What To Do
- Take your album cover and separate the two halves so you’ll be working with just the front cover (which presumably has the most interesting picture).
- Take the coaster and arrange them evenly over the album cover, using the charcoal pencil to draw a faint outline around each one.
- Go ahead and cut out each “coaster cover” from the album.
- Glue each cover on top of a coaster using the super glue and wait for it to properly dry.
- After the glue has dried, go ahead and paint over the album cover with your clear lacquer. This step is necessary in order to protect your new coaster from water damage and general wear and tear. In fact we recommend painting at least 3 or 4 coats of lacquer over the coasters before using them. Simply wait a few hours for the lacquer to dry and you’ll be good to go.
- Rock out in your black brim floppy hat like a total rock star!