A basket liner can give your basket a new and improved look. You can make a new basket liner to decorate an old basket. This helps you avoid throwing away the old baskets. Here is a look at some things you will need to make a basket liner:
- A square or rectangular basket
- A duvet cover
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- A pen and paper
Once you have gathered all the supplies, you can follow the following steps that’ll l help decorate a new or old basket.
- Choose the right basket- It’s important to pick a sturdy basket for this project. You can select old picnic baskets or cotton lined rattan baskets. Go for a small, medium, or largebasket according to your choice or the availability.
- Measure your basket correctly- Measure your basket’s length, width and base with a measuring tape and write the measurements on a piece of paper. You can add half to one inch in the actual measurements on the basket. For instance if the width of your basket is 11 inches, you must write 11 and a half or 12 inches on the paper. This’ll help make a basket liner which will give breathing room to the basket. Moreover, such liners are easier to use.
- Choose the right fabric- Lightweight duvet covers will be the perfect choice for this project. You can use an old duvet or buy a new one.
- Cut out 5 pieces from the fabric- Your basket has four sides and a bottom area. You can cut out 5 long and wide pieces from the duvet cover in order to cover all the sides and bottom of your basket.
- Sew the fabric according to the measurements and turn them into basket liners taking precaution to sewing them neither too lose nor too tight.
Taking the right measurements and choosing the appropriate fabric is important for this project. This feature will offer you more convenience and give your basket the desired look that you’re looking for.