Spring is the best time to take on projects that needs to be done in the open air. One such project you can take up is to paint your chest of drawers and make it look up to date.
Here are the things you need-
- Old tablecloth
- Masking tape
- Paint and paint brush
- Oil paint brushes and palette
Here are the instructions for doing it-
- Take your chest of drawers to the patio or garden or parking garage and lay an old table cloth underneath it to avoid any paint on the surface.
- Make sure that you cover the edges or the surfaces with a masking tape to avoid painting over them.
- Now take the sandpaper to sand the surface and get it ready to apply the primer.
- Before applying the primer, make sure that there are no dust particles on the chest of drawers by taking a dry cloth and wiping it clean. Then apply the primer as instructed by the manufacturer and let it dry for at least 5 hours.
- Once the primer dries you can dip your paint brush into the can of paint and give the chest of drawer the first coat. Avoid creating lumps and paint evenly all over. Let it dry as per the instruction given by the manufacturer before applying the second coat.
- Once the second coat dries the freshly painted chest of drawer is your empty canvas. Take your oil paint brush and get creative with the landscape you want to create. Use a palette to mix colors and get the colorful scenic handpainted chests you have always wanted.
- You can create a scene of the lovely sunset or a beautiful island with palm trees or anything else that tickles your fantasy.
This scenic hand painted chest can be placed at the entryway and you can place pretty-looking oval wood mirrors in various sizes above it to enhance the look of the space.