Spring is here and now’s the perfect time to get crafty and fashionable with a pair of glitter flats. But think pink for spring- pink glitter flats shoes are what’s in! Especially because flats are such a big trend right now, what better time to spruce up a pair than now? You can get creative not only with the type of shoe that you use, but also with the type of glitter. Different colors and different sizes will lead to a different overall look. Follow the directions below for inspiration!
What you’ll need:
- Pair of plain or recycled flats
- Modge podge or acrylic glue
- Pink glitter
- Small paint brush
- Sponge brush
- Disposable container
- Optional: clear glazing spray
What to do:
- Before you begin decorating your flats, make sure they’re cleaned off so that the glitter will adhere to the material neatly. If you’re using patent leather, use sandpaper to roughen the surface for both the glitter and glue to stick.
- Mix the glitter and acrylic glue together in your disposable container using a paint brush.
- You can use a sponge brush or 1 inch foam paint rollers to paint the glitter glue mixture on each flat.
- Sprinkle the shoes with extra glitter so the material you’re meaning to cover doesn’t peek through. Depending on how well the glue and glitter were mixed, you may or may not need to apply a second coat.
- Once you’ve completely “glitter-fied” each shoe, set them out to dry for a couple hours and spray them with your clear glazing spray to seal the deal. It’s best to apply a spray-on lacquer to keep your newly made flats looking fresh for the long term.
I’ve seen these done with all different styles of shoes ranging from heels to flats to booties and more. There are a ton of DIYs out there to make your very own glitter shoes and endless possibilities in terms of creativity. Happy crafting, everyone!