Every human on earth is a mother’s son or daughter. We sincerely hope you’ve got plans to show as well as tell your mother how much you appreciate her. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, Craft Corners is here with terrific ideas to implement for the most unique gift for your mother. If you haven’t figured out a strategy for Mother’s Day yet, a sincere and easy way to craft something she’ll surely love is to paint pre-formed ceramic pieces. For this Mother’s Day, I chose to create plates including other table pieces for my mom! Read on to find out how you can create your own DIY hand painted dishes.
What you’ll need:
- Wooden dishes
- Crafts paint set
- Brown permanent marker
- Damp cloth
What to do:
- Before you begin this project, it’s good to brainstorm ideas on how you’d like your finished product to look like. For instance, if you plan to paint hearts and flowers or other appropriate Mother’s Day designs, consider sketching your design on paper first.
- Prepare the dish for painting by washing and drying it well.
- Although it’s best to use a water-based marker pen, you can use your brown permanent marker to draw out the design on the plate. If you’re an avid painter, then you can jump into painting right away.
- Keep in mind that the paint will dry fast on pre-made ceramic pieces so if you make a mistake, you can quickly repair it with a damp cloth.
- Once you’re done painting, leave your decorative plate out to dry for a couple minutes and then bake in an oven at 300 degrees.
You can also opt into a finishing glaze to help the paint to adhere better as well as to prevent from chipping in the long run. This is a great way to get creative especially if you don’t have enough time on your hands. Your mother will surely appreciate this heartfelt piece. Happy Mother’s Day to all!