For a stay at home mom, cooking meals for your kids can be one of the most fun and rewarding activities you can do. Making sure your children have quality and nutritional meals is a fundamental element of good parenting (not to mention that cooking is awesome). With a house full of children, meal planning becomes an important organizational tool to diversify your meals and plan future shopping trips. Creating a kitchen menu board to plan out your meals for the week is a great way for you to plan out your weeks meals, so check out this quick guide to making your own DIY kitchen menu board.
- Large picture frame (recommend 10”x20”)
- Wood or plastic letters
- ½ inch nails
- Blank business cards
- Hole punch
1. Cut out fabrics and wrap around backing of frame and glue down.
2. Arrange letters on left sided column by days of week (“M” for Monday, etc).
3. Hammer nails into right column of board, with two parallel nails the distance of the business card.
4. Write down all your recipes on the business cards and punch holes in the top left and right corner.
5. Hang your meals to the corresponding days of the week.
This little board lets your family know what you will be making for the week and gives you a great place to store your recipes. If all else fails, you can always go with the classic chalkboard!