Stools are not always the most comfortable seats in the house, but in many ways are the most convenient. They are easy to move around and provide a casual place to sit for guests and other family members. If your home’s stools are not getting a lot of traffic it could be due to them being too uncomfortable. Luckily there is an easy remedy for that: stool cushion covers.
Not only do they make stools infinitely more comfortable, but they also provide you with a great opportunity to match your stools with the rest of your home’s design.
What you will need:
- Seat cushion foam (can be found at your local hardware store or even larger convenient stores)
- A yard or so of your desired fabric
- Sewing machine
- Roll of thin elastic cord
How to make it:
1. Cut out a piece of fabric in the shape of your stool’s seat leaving 3-4 inches of extra fabric along the edges.
2. Stitch the edges of the fabric to make sure they do not fray apart.
3. Line the thin elastic cord up with the edges and sew the cord and fabric together. Make sure the cord is tight when sewing to get desired effect.
4. Flip the cushion inside out and you are done!
Now you have a completely removable stool cushion that is sure to please any and all future occupants of your stools!
Tags: stool cushion covers