Today I’m going to show you how to make a watering can from an old milk carton. Here is what you will need:
- An empty 1/2 or one gallon milk carton
- finishing nail
- brown permanent marker and/or stickers
Here’s how you make your watering can:
- First, make sure the carton is free of milk by rinsing it out (milk does your body good, not so much for plants).
- Use the nail and hammer to poke holes in the side of the carton opposite of the handle and near the lid. Finishing nails are best because they are small and will allow you to control the flow of water.
- Use the permanent marker and stickers to decorate it as you wish! Some ideas include making it look like an animal, drawing the logo of your favorite sports team, or whatever your heart desires.
- Since the can will get wet, there is a chance that your decorations will eventually wear off. No problem, just think of it as a clean slate to decorate something new!
This is a great crafting project for kids, as it helps bring out there creative side and they’ll be more that happy to help you in the garden if they get to use something that they made with their own hands. Plus you’re saving money from having to buy a classic watering can. Happy gardening!