When it comes to jewelry you can spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on them. Sometimes the most beautiful jewelry is the kind you make yourself. It might not have the most sparkles, but it will have your own unique touch, and that’s something no one else can duplicate. There are many ways you can create your own jewelry. Here are a few quick and easy ones:
Making your own necklace
Again, there are several different ways you can make your own necklace but here are the basics. You’ll need:
- A chain or strong string
- A pendant (like one for a heart lock key pendant necklace) or several beads, trinkets, or seashells.
If you’re using a pendant then it should be very easy to just use the loop on the pendant to attach it to the necklace. If you’re using something like seashells then you can either create a hole in the seashell using a small drill or you can hot glue the chain (or string) to the seashell.
Making your own bracelet
Bracelets can come in many different forms. They can be made of leather string, metal, or plastic. Here’s what you’ll need:
- I recommend using leather string or a premade metal clasp (if you’re using metal you might need a magnetic jewelry clasp)
- A string of beads
- String (either a thick waxed linen or leather)
- A pair of scissors
Once you have what you need here’s what to do:
- Take your leather string and fold it in half (make sure the length can comfortably fit around your wrist)
- Take your string of beads and place them into the groove that two sides of the leather string have created
- Wrap your string around the top of the loop (leaving a small hole, about the size of a penny, at the top of the leather string)
- Continue wrapping the string all the way down making sure you go around each individual bead.
- Tie a knot at the end once you have enough length and tie the two ends together and you’re done!