These days it’s important your children have a wallet on them to carry around a personal identification card, their student ID, bus passes, money for school lunches, and any other important things they might need. Wallets can be plain and boring especially for a child. That is why creating a unique wallet with your child can make for some craft time fun.
Here are some things you might need:
- A wallet (I’ve found aluminum wallets work best for this particular craft)
- A hot glue gun (with glue sticks)
- Any type of beads or unique item your child particularly likes
- Here’s what to do
- Take your wallet and make sure you’ve completely cleaned off the surface
- Plug in the hot glue gun and make sure the surface of your wallet is dry
- Once the surface of the wallet is dry you can begin hot gluing anything you want to the surface
- Let the hot glue dry (should take 5-10 minutes)
- Once the glue is dry you can apply any stickers you want to your wallet. For a young child maybe some race car stickers for kids, for a slightly older child maybe some stickers of their favorite sports team or activity.
There you have it! You have taken a simple aluminum wallet and turned it into something unique.