If you are having some people over at your house for a Fourth of July barbecue in your backyard, it is time to start decorating. It would be a great idea to set the table up nicely with American flag paper plates, American flag paper cups, and American flag paper napkins. In addition to these, you need a center piece that will take your Independence Day decorations to another level, a level worthy of such a monumental holiday.
In this post, you will learn just how to make such an awesome center piece – a patriotic robot!
- Two cardboard paper towel roll tubes – arms
- Duct tape (red, white, blue)
- A clear plastic pail – body
- Two cans of food – legs
- Empty metal can – head
- Wrap some red tape all around the bottom half of the cans of food.
- Attach the cans to the bottom of the pail.
- Adorn the two cardboard tubes with red and white duct tape.
- Attach one of these decorated cardboard tubes to each side of the clear plastic pail.
- Decorate the robot’s face. You can do this in a number of different ways by using your imagination. You can draw eyes and a mouth if you want display your artistic abilities, use buttons for the eyes, or carve a mouth and eyes out of excess duct tape.
- Fill the empty pail – which is the robot’s body – with treats for guests to help themselves to.
- Place the head on top of the pail. You may want to put some plastic eating utensils – red, white, and blue, of course – in the robot’s head.
- Put your patriotic robot on the table next to a glass beverage dispenser and some tasty food!
Craft your way to a very special Independence Day celebration this year!