Archive for the ‘Recycling’ Category
It can be hard to change your baby’ diaper when you are out where there is no restroom. Babies don’t see the place or time when the nature calls. So, it is best to have a roll-up diaper changer handy. You can store wipes and diapers in this roll-up. You can also use it as a changing pad for the baby.
Here are some steps that can help you to make a cute and practical diaper changer:
Tags: vinyl tablecloth
Spring comes with those warm days and a lot of water activities! The breezy and pleasant days of spring give you a chance to swim in the community pools and open ocean. So, pick your beach essentials and throw them in a beach bag. Make personalized beach bags at home to save money. Here are some things you will need to make a beach stunning bag:
Tags: hookless shower curtain
Coffee mugs can be great presents for your loved ones. You can personalize a coffee mug and use it to flatter a birthday boy or girl. You can also write love quotes on a mug and gift it to your spouse on your anniversary. It is fun, easy to decorate a coffee mug.
Here are some things you will need to do this:
Tags: restaurant coffee mugs
You can make a personalized and fun journal with the help of different types of paper. You can embellish the journal as much as you want to make it look great. Hand-made journals make fantastic presents for people who love writing, doodling and making lists to stay organized. Here are some things you will need to make a stunning journal.
Wire dress forms are used in various fashion houses. Perfect to flaunt the latest garments and accessories, they can serve your needs just like a mannequin for several years. Here are some other uses of wire dress forms.
Use wire dress forms as jewelry hangers
A wire dress form has a structure similar to the human body. So, you can use it to store your necklaces and even earrings. You can also hang your hats, scarves and various other accessories on it. Don’t forget to use your wire dress form to store accessories you use on a regular basis.
Use your wire dress forms to decorate a Vintage themed room
Pick a wire dress form with metallic paint and decorate it with feathers for a Vintage look. You can paint a silver wire dress in Glorious Gold or Champagne Gold color. Position the feathers to its bust area and use a wide lace to make a skirt at the bottom. The Cheungs Rattan wire dress form comes with various colors and a feminine structure. This one will be ideal for a Vintage room. Use Gold craft wire to keep the feathers and laces in place. Finish off with a pearl necklace. Now your wire dress form is ready for a Vintage room or a lady’s dressing table area.
Create a Wreath out of your wire dress form
Just bend the wire dress into a circle and decorate it with silk flowers. Make sure you leave the hook for hanging. So, use your old wire dress to make a personalized Wreath instead of buying a pricey Wreath from the market.
Use your wire dress as a hanger and to get ready for the next working day
Pick a male or female wire dress form, iron your business suit and hang it on your new hanger. This will help you to quickly get ready for work. You can simply decide an outfit for your next working day and hang it on the wire dress form.
Tags: wire dress form
Everyone uses plates and bowls in their homes but do you know decorative plates can be pretty show pieces as well? You can decorate your plates and bowls with several designs and decorative items. These decorative plates make great gifts. You can gift them to your friends and family members. Here are some items you will need to decorate and paint your plates.
What you need:
- Glass plates
- Sharpees of assorted colors
- Clear protective coat
You can follow the under mentioned steps to create some personalized dishes with funny drawings, funny quotes, inspirational quotes etc. You can use these plates as party favors or birthday presents.
- Firstly, it is important to choose the right plate. You must choose a glass plate that’s microwave friendly. A glass plate won’t melt in the oven and this is of utmost importance for this project.
- Now you can decorate your plate using different sharpees. You can draw funny pictures or write love messages on your plate. The quote or drawing depends on the person for whom you are making a personalized plate. For instance you can simply write “Will you marry me?” on your plate if you want to propose your girlfriend.
- Once you have decorated your plates with sharpees, you can bake them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. That will help you set the ink. Afterwards, let your plate cool down completely.
- Last but not the least, you have to clear spray a protective coat on dishware. This spray will not only allow you to decorate your plate well but it will also allow you to use it for serving food. You can purchase a Krylon acrylic crystal clear coating 11 oz bottle. This spray protects your drawings and decoration from water, dust and stains. It provides a permanent gloss coating to your plate. This spray is moisture resistant and smudge-proof. You can also use it on your old photographs to improve their contrast. You can use this spray to protect your carbon copies, records, maps, documents, display materials, ceramic items, wood crafts and many more items.
Once your personalized plate is dry, you can pack it in cute cellophane gift bags. These bags come in various sizes and shapes. You can check out the Candy Cane and Cross cellophane bags from Century Novelty. These bags will help you finish your project with grace. They allow you to give decorative plates to your loved ones in style!
Is your weekend around the corner? If yes then you must find a good project for yourself. Weekends are great for enjoyment and household chores. So why not this weekend give your bathroom, kitchen and other rooms a new look with a nice peel and stick tile. Totally easy to install, these tiles are available online in a vast variety. Here are some steps which will help you install these tiles.
Decide the pattern
First of all, it is important to decide the pattern of your peel and stick tile. You can decide the pattern according to your room’s décor. For instance peel and stick tiles by Improvements will be a good option for a medium or big room. These self-stick carpet tiles help you make your living room and bedroom more stunning than ever before. These 12″ x 12″ residential carpet squares are easy to stick. You can use it in your basement, playroom or enclosed porch. All you have to do is to peel off the tile’s backing, pressing the carpet squares down on a surface and you are done. Perfect for high traffic areas, these tiles are easy to remove. You can check out an American Olean and a Daltile red ceramic tile online if you like accent color tiles. These tiles will be a perfect choice if you want to give your place a royal look.
Cut the tiles and set them in the right place
It’s great if you have already cut tiles. You can cut tiles out of your peel and stick material with scissors. You can measure each tile before cutting it. You can cut out tiles of same dimensions according to the space available. In order to do this, use a pencil to mark lines on the back side of your peel and stick material. This will help you cut tiles of right size.
Peel off the backing of your tiles and paste them on the floor
Once you have cut your tiles in the right shape and right size, you can peel off their backing and stick them on the floor. You must press the tile firmly in order to make it look flat. Now you can flaunt your floor with your stylish peel and stick tiles.
Stylish dinnerware can not only increase your appetite but they can also make you a popular host. You can serve your dessert in style with a classy cake stand. Making a cake stand at home will help you save some money. Along with this, it will allow you to give your personal touch to the cake stand. Here are some items you will need to make a stylish cake stand.
- A plastic or acrylic plate
- A coordinating or contrasting cup
- Craft adhesive
- A ribbon
The following steps will help you create chic cake stands which will make your dessert a star!
- Pick a plastic or acrylic plate. You can go for a lightweight plate. This will help you keep your cake stand more stable.
- Once you have chosen the suitable plate, you can pick a coordinating cup. You can choose a cup that has no handles. You can go for a white plate and a white cup or a white cup and a black plate. You can also try other color combinations like green and yellow, purple and white or pink and white.
- Now take a craft adhesive and turn the cup upside down. Put the cup on a flat surface. Now turn the plate upside down and paste it on the bottom of the cup. Make sure that the cup is right in the middle of the plate otherwise your cake stand will wobble.
- Allow your cake stand to dry for a few hours and you are ready to serve your dessert in style. You can decorate your stand with a sleek ribbon.
Once you have completed your cake stand, you can gently place your cake on its plate and cover it with an acrylic cake cover. You can use these covers for your cakes, pastries, ice creams and other baked items. There are different types of acrylic cake covers available out there. You can pick an ordinary one or a classy one from The WEBstaurant Store, Crestware or American Metalcraft. You can also pick a nice and clear plastic hinged lid along with a cake cover. You can choose a microwave friendly lid from Cuptainers or Douglas Stephen. These lids and covers will help you cover your dessert while you are traveling or when you are at home.
There are many different types of iPad covers available online. You can easily purchase a funky cover of your choice. On the other hand, making a cover at home will not only allow you to use your creativity, but it will also help you keep down the cost of owning an iPad. Here are some items you will need to make a suitable cover:
- A sturdy rectangular placemat – a mat that is 24 inches wide works best
- Clear or colored tape
- Velcro with adhesive backing
You can follow the steps below to make iPad covers for your friends, family members or yourself. These covers make great birthday gifts, anniversary gifts and even return gifts.
Pick out the right kind of placemat
Make sure that your placemat is durable, stylish, thick and strong. Picking out a good placemat is the most important step of this project because it has to bear the weight of your iPad. If you don’t have a suitable one at home, you can check out different woven placemats online, such as Food Network’s stria woven vinyl placemat in charcoal or a Home Studio woven placemat in pink or mustard. The woven design of these placemats lends a fashionable touch.
Fold the placemat according to the size of your iPad
Place your rectangular placemat horizontally on a flat surface and measure its width. If your placemat is 24 inches wide, place your iPad 8 inches away from the left corner of the placemat. Now fold the left and right sides of the placemat over your iPad. Your folded placemat should now look somewhat like an envelope and be 10 inches tall and 15 inches wide.
Connect the front and back of the placemat and finish off with tape and Velcro
Place your covered iPad horizontally on your surface. Use colored or clear tape to connect the front of your placemat to its back. To do so, leave the upper flap open and stick the tape on top of the lower flap. Flip the iPad over to the reverse side and join your tape’s ends on this side. Now close the vertical edges of your cover with five or six layers of black tape. Move your cover and see if your iPad shifts from one side to the other. If it does, simply take a needle and some thread and stitch a line to eliminate the extra space on each side. Now grab some Velcro with a sticky back, take off its backing and stick it onto the front of your iPad cover. This will allow you to close your cover. Now bring the upper flap down, press it into the Velcro and you’re done!
In addition to making a nice iPad cover, you can pick out an STM jacket for iPad and decorate it the way you want. This lightweight jacket allows you to travel easily with your iPad. Have fun making these two items for your iPad and making a fashion statement at work and everywhere else!
You can make jeweled sandals for yourself, one of your friends or your little girl. These easy to make sandals will not only help you save money; they’ll also allow you to be creative. Here are some items you will need to make charming jeweled sandals:
- A pair of plain T-strap sandals with thick straps
- Assorted jewels
- Aluminum foil or an old rag
Follow the steps below to make customized jeweled sandals:
- Take a pair of silver or white plain T-strap sandals and clean them properly with a damp cloth.
- Cover your sandals with aluminum foil or an old rag that you don’t use anymore. This will protect your sandals from the superglue. Make sure to leave the straps exposed since you’ll be decorating them with jewels.
- Now take some jewels and apply superglue onto the back of each one. You can also apply the glue directly onto the area of your sandals where you want to place the jewels. Place the jewels as desired on your sandals until you’ve covered the straps.
- Let the superglue dry for a few hours.
Once your trendy jeweled sandals are ready, you can have fun accessorizing and wear them to fun-filled outings. You can wear a cute tank top, a nice skirt, sunglasses and a snake bracelet with these sandals. PalmBeach Jewelry, Ulla Popken and Endless offer charming jeweled and studded snake bracelets, which will look perfect with your sandals.