Whether you have a home office and frequently get the workday blues, or you’re a student who spends hours sitting behind your desk at home, many of us could use a brightened up workspace. You don’t have to repaint your entire bedroom or overhaul your lighting just to improve your workspace’s ambiance. Making small changes to your decor can make a big difference. One project you can try is painting a letter organizer bright yellow, which just might be conducive to whistling while you work.
What you’ll need:
- A wood letter organizer
- Bright yellow paint for wood
- Bright paint for wood in a second color of your choice
- Paint brush
- Masking tape
- Spray-on primer
- Meter stick
- Clear semi-gloss wood finish spray
What to do:
- If it isn’t already free of dust and dirt, use a damp cloth to wipe off your letter organizer.
- Spray primer onto your letter organizer, following the instructions on the can.
- Once the primer is dry, use a meter stick and masking tape to mask off the areas where you would like the stripes in your second paint color to be.
- Apply two coats of the bright yellow paint onto the letter organizer, allowing time to dry between each coat.
- When the yellow paint is dry, remove the masking tape; then mask off the sections directly adjacent to your stripes.
- Fill in the stripes with two coats of your second color of paint.
- Apply wood finish spray to the letter organizer, following the instructions on the can.